Friday 1 July 2011

You know you have been at uni too long when...


My PhD certificate arrived in the post yesterday! YAY! 

I was very excited to see the blue tube the postman was holding when he knocked on the door yesterday. It was covered in postage and other stickers but still very recognisable as a UCT grad scroll! 

So, I was more than a little disappointed with the certificate itself. They have changed the design of it and it totally looks like something I could print at home! Are they trying to make it easier for people to forge their own certificates?! Seriously, my undergrad ones are WAY better. 

Anywho. I am glad it got here and at least my name is spelt right =)

Also in the blue tube was academic transcripts chronicling my university career. The sheaf of papers was so thick that at first I though, how sweet, they included a copy of the grad booklet. But it turned out to be just three copies of academic transcripts. You know you have been at university too long when there are 5 pages per copy of transcript and covering 10 years! 

In other news we are off to Bruges tomorrow, yay! Looking forward. And the weather is supposed to be decent; not very hot but clear and sunny most of the time, yay! A post of our time in Bruges to follow next week =)

Have a good weekend!

x



The sticker covered blue tube! 


It's official now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment